Reciprocal Process & Fees
What is the Reciprocal Process?
Reciprocity means that the NMSDC network recognizes and accepts the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)'s certification credentials of Canadian Aboriginal and visible minority suppliers, and that in turn, CAMSC also grant the same privileges to MBEs certified by NMSDC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Reciprocity of Services between CAMSC and NMSDC
US-based minority business enterprises first need to be certified with their NMSDC Home Council then apply for cross-border reciprocal certification with CAMSC in order to do business in Canada. To apply, simply complete the Reciprocal Application for Certification as per the instructions below.
Please contact the NMSDC Regional Council directly if you are a CAMSC certified supplier looking for reciprocal certification with one of the US regional councils.
Reciprocal Application for NMSDC-Certified MBEs:
- Click here to start the application.
- Complete all sections with your company information. You can save the information at any time during the process. You MUST complete mandatory information to submit your application.
- Attach your current NMSDC Home Council Certificate in Section 10.
- Download the Declaration form in Section 10, have the owners sign it and upload it to the system. Please note that you do not need to notarize the Declaration, just sign and upload it.
- Please note that your CAMSC Certificate will have the same validity date as your NMSDC Home Council Certificate
Reciprocal Process Fee Structure:
|Annual Membership Fee
|$500,000 - $5MM
*The fee is non-refundable.
Reciprocal Processing Time:
Regular Service: 15 - 20 business days (starting from receipt date of ALL mandatory information)