Today, her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, delivered the Speech from the Throne to open the second session of the 43rd Parliament and outline the government’s agenda.
The first foundation of this plan is to fight the pandemic and save lives.
The second foundation of the Government’s plan is supporting people and businesses through this crisis as long as it lasts, whatever it takes. Effectively dealing with the health crisis is the best thing we can do for the economy.
Government action has already helped Canadians stay safe, and buffered the worst economic impacts.
The third foundation is to build back better to create a stronger, more resilient Canada. To do this, we must keep strengthening the middle class and helping people working hard to join it, and continue creating jobs and building long-term competitiveness with clean growth. We must also keep building safer communities for everyone.
The fourth and final foundation of this plan is to stand up for who we are as Canadians.
For assistance at any time, please reach out to the team member below who represents your region. Based on the current volume of email, if you reply to this email directly without copying the appropriate regional team member, their response may be significantly delayed.
• Simon Beauchemin, Director of Policy – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ivana Spasovska, Senior Special Assistant, Regional Affairs and Stakeholder Relations (Ontario) – email@example.com
• Ryan Nearing, Press Secretary and Regional Advisor (Atlantic) – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Zach Nixon, Special Assistant, Regional Affairs (Ontario) – Zachary.email@example.com
• Youmy Han, Special Assistant, Regional Affairs (West and North) – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Arevig Afarian, Special Assistant, Regional Affairs (Quebec) – email@example.com